Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Road trip!

I found this on Snopes this morning: directions from one Norwegian city to another lead you to take the ferry to the UK. The picture below is the "quickest" route. Even the "shortest" route has to you take the ferry to Newcastle Upon Tyne, then transfer to a different ferry to get back.


Are we there yet?
Posted by Hello

I decided that this was a strange bit of fate, as I'm re-reading A Long Dark Teatime of the Soul by Douglas Adams, which has a fair amount of plot devoted to aging Norse gods, which then prompted me to decided to write a pub quiz round about Norse gods, then I find this. I also checked it out- there are roads leading out of Haugesund, so I don't get it. Anyone know Norway well enough to tell me why this happens?

Otherwise, seems like everything's turning up Nordic today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home