Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Superheroes and tearing into customers.

I'm wearing the number one Super-Tie today. Underneath that, I'm wearing the t-shirt exposing my secret superhero identity: Velveeta Man.

Anyways, it's been a day around here. Just too many of the same type of situations:

Me: What operating system are you using?
Cust: Windows 95.
Me: [silent, completely befuddled that a person is using a 10-year-old operating system]
Cust: Are you still there?
Me: You need to upgrade.

I can't, for the life of me, comprehend this. Perhaps I'm being pretentious. A high and mighty tech support guy, but I can't fathom.

Added to that is the call I took about an hour ago:
Cust: I'm having problems with my simulated account.
Me: Ok, what exactly is the problem?
Cust: [the sound of light precipitation and windshield wipers is in the background] Well, I'm not in front of it right now.

Now, how the hell am I supposed to solve your problem on your home computer when you're driving away from it? When you don't have the information I need to fix said problem with you?

It's just mild frustration. I could really use a drink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home