Friday, February 25, 2005

Everybody wants me

Well, they only want me to hang out, which is fine and dandy, but I'm really damn tired.

A brief, exhaustive recap of my week since Tuesday:

Tuesday: Finished up pub quiz, headed home. My computer actually, finally, decided to give in to all the spyware I picked up about 10 days before. I did a little dance to ward off bad spirits as I did a restore. Not a short process. The time: Approximately 5pm. As my computer restored, I tried to figure out how I was going to have pub quiz printed out and ready to go. It took a while, but I got my computer back, and managed to print out a couple of rounds before things got hairy again. Long story short, there was some frantic phone calls, a sudden transferrence of my color printer from my house to Jen's, followed by a mad dash to the pub for the quiz, which(and I know a certain college friend of mine will call me out on this) was followed by a schmoozing session with about half of the 35 people who showed up that night. This was followed by a "shit, I have to go home" and a dash to the house. Total sleep time Wednesday morning: 4 hours 35 minutes.

Wednesday: drug on like a monster truck rally weight behind a golf cart. I wasn't in my head or body. I got home, and suddenly had a burst of energy(read: I realized what a dump my apartment was, and had to clean) which lasted a few hours, and certainly long enough to get the bathroom pretty clean and the refridgerator almost completely emptied. Bedtime on Wednesday night, after watching pi to avoid going to bed at 8, was about 9:45. I slept, as it were, like a baby.

Thursday: either turned off, or neglected to set my alarm clock. Surprisingly, I still woke up at 5:15. Shook off the strange dream I had had about my former boss and got my day going. After a rough day at work, I got home, ate some leftovers, and hopped back on the train to head to the MS 150 Team Captain Summit, which ran late, so I was up late, and well, that's how it goes.

So, I'm thinking that tonight will probably be spent on the couch, or on my best friend's couch, with some serious liquor and several DVDs. Tomorrow, however, I will be appearing at Gio's for some more karaoke. I've got the urge, as it were, to crank out some more Poison tunes this weekend.

Thanks for listening. I guess I just felt the need to bitch for a minute or two.

2 Comments:

Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

If that is bitching?

"Will you marry me?"

:)

Enjoy the liquor this weekend...

7:52 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Be careful what you wish for, West New York!

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home