Monday, February 28, 2005

Side effects.

I discovered yet again why I have to be very, very careful with my medication last night. Well, more accurately, this morning.

Friends and neighbors, I took my pill around about 6:30 last night, anticipating having dinner at Ginger's during pub quiz. Not exactly a stretch of the imagination. Unfortunately, it was a full hour after that when I finally got to eat. I was good- I ordered a grilled chicken salad, but I did not know what was in store for me.

Around 3 this morning, I found out. Most unhappily. Stomach cramps so bad I shot awake. So bad that I couldn't fall asleep for more than an hour(which makes falling asleep not exactly ideal, as I wake up at 5 anyways). Needless to say, I will have more than my usual amount of sympathy for the next friend of mine to complain about menstrual cramps.

The rest of my weekend was fairly routine- except for Friday night. I was supposed to attend my friend's Morrissey/Smiths night, showing up purely for support, as I am not a fan. I didn't go. I'm a bad friend. I'm a bad friend who was discovered sleeping on the couch when his roommate got home from work at 6. I got up long enough to make dinner and open a bottle of Shiraz, which is fast becoming my favorite wine, and pop in Dodgeball: A True Underdog's Story, a movie I put on my Netflix list for reasons unbeknownst to me. I can't say I hated it, but I also can't say that I liked it. I will say that it passed time rather well, and permitted me a couple more cat naps. Afterwards came Saw. This movie had a lot of promise, but I just didn't enjoy it. There was just something missing from it.

Eventually I put in another movie and fell asleep on the couch. Again. At about 4:15 my roommate came home, and that's when I finally went to bed. I do love that couch, though. So comfy.

So, by default, Saturday night became party night. And party I did. I barhopped with friends, then met other friends, and continued the barhop. It was nice. Fun. Entertaining. Refreshing.

Sadly I did not get to karaoke. Perhaps next weekend, after the birthday celebration I'm attending. I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home