Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Um, I want!

My friend A, with whom I am participating in a pact/bet/dare to not eat red meat, fried food, or bacon for a month(she has since quit smoking for the month), has suggested that at the end of said time(16 days from now) that we each have a reward- she is going to purchase a massage with all the money she hasn't been spending on cigarettes. Then, we had to come up with some kind of reward for me. I am not necessarily saving a whole lot of money, eating no red meat, but I am cooking more often, which is saving a couple bucks here and there, but nothing major, and certainly nothing I've set aside. Almost instantly she said that my reward should not be a bacon cheeseburger with fries, which is, of course, one of my favorite things to eat. We settled that perhaps my reward should be cheesecake.

Let it be known that cheesecake is by far my favorite dessert. Hands-down. No holding back. So, after doing my usual cruise around my blogroll, I came across this entry on Cooking for Engineers. It seems the fates are thinking the same way my friend and I are.

I have had several cheesecakes made for me by friends, lovers, family, etc with varying degrees of success. I know it's a labor of love that is no small undertaking. I appreciate the efforts those people have made more than I can possibly use words to thank them with. But let it also be known that I'm not a great cook, but for some inadequately explored reason, a reasonably good baker. I think I might finally put my money where my mouth is and take a shot at that recipe.

Anybody want a slice?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home