Monday, March 21, 2005

Movie Review: Der Untergang

Good things did happen this weekend:

Friday night I spent some very rare time in Evanston, Chicago's suburb immediately to the north, right on Lake Michigan, at the glorious Century Theatre. My companion and I saw Downfall, a powerful film that stirred a whole lot of conflicting emotions in me. This is a German film about the last days of Hitler and the war in Europe. Fortunately Ich spreche deutsches wenig, so I didn't have to read all the subtitles and was able to see how well the movie was made.

I have to admit that I learned a lot, too. While I consider myself to be somewhat of a history buff, there were several things I didn't know about that time.

Anyways, if someone else out there has seen this movie and would like to discuss it, let's open a thread.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home