Sunday, March 20, 2005

To the investors of the world: Don't worry, Dutch is on it.

That's right, all, I'm at work on a Sunday night, enjoying the quiet and darkness that is our office on the weekend. I'm playing music and putting my feet up on my desk. I'm being Dutch.

Dutch, as you may or may not know, is my alter-ego. A kind of Superhero. A karaoke-singing madman who fights crimes against music in the Greater Chicagoland Area. And sometimes, he commits them, too.

Last night, after the Wolves game I went with Pat and some other friends. I absolutely mangled Cyndi Lauper's She Bop. My most humble apologies to Ms. Lauper, who, when I met her, was one of the most down-to-earth celebrities I've ever encountered.

I tried to make up for it by doing some standards: A Boy Named Sue, Every Rose Has Its Thorn, Take On Me, and re-premiered The Joker. I also belted out a couple of tributes, Dancing in the Dark, for my friend N, who is the biggest Springsteen fan outside of New Jersey, and Wish You Were Here for Sass.

It was a late night. There were tacos involved. It was fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

Dutch, eh?

Does Dutch ever sing "The Girl is Mine?" Or..."Islands in the Stream"?

I have been looking for a partner, in song.

:)

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home