Monday, April 11, 2005

I've got butt cream!

Disclaimer: There's some low-brow humor in this morning's entry, then some real stuff.

My friend T, at the end of day one of the MS Ride, announced this loudly, and casually, in a group of about 20 people or so, mostly riders. Fortunately, riders know what butt cream is, and aren't going to think he's weird.

Which, of course, is far from the truth. Once, we were at a Cub's game at Wrigley, in the mens' room under the bleachers, um, recycling our beer. From one of the stalls I hear my dear friend call out "Corn? I don't remember eating corn!" I was laughing so hard people were looking at me funny.


Anyways.


It was a great weekend- wonderful riding weather. Jen and I went out Saturday morning for a bike ride, which wound up being about 32 miles or so. It was a touch cold, but we did just fine. Even stopped at my boss' house to replenish water supplies. Caught a little bit of a sunburn on my legs, but still went back for more on Sunday. For the first time this year, I rode the entire lakefront bike path and had a blast. I did the whole thing in just over an hour, and felt great. I probably finished the day at about 35 miles.

Afterwards, I just wanted to pass out. I was tired. I needed rest, so on my ass I went, in front of the TV for an hour before I realized I smelled so bad I needed a shower. There's something about the combination of sweat and suntan lotion that's just horrible. Blech.

But I feel great. It's so nice to be back on a bike again, and not have as much pain as I did last year, pre-surgery. It's nice to be almost normal in the knees. Stress almost.

I am, as always, a work in progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home