Saturday, April 30, 2005

Movie review: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

I was skeptical from the get go, honestly. I didn't give this movie much of a chance.

But there's good reason for that. I've read the book so many times I can almost recite it. I own the DVD of the British Mini-series, too. So, like Miracle, where I not only knew the whole story and how it happened, but I had to see it. So I did.

I'm not saying it's a bad movie. It's good, but I didn't like the adaptation. There were things that are in the book that deserved to be in this movie that weren't, and things that were in the movie that shouldn't have been there at all. Alan Rickman's role as the voice of Marvin wasn't what I expected. He just didn't seem sad enough.I didn't like the way Zaphod was protrayed- he's not some crazy Texan, after all. There's also(and here's a spoiler) a ill-advised love story that brews between Arthur and Trillian. Not something I needed to see at all. That's not what the story is about.

I suppose, though, that when you're making movies for people who haven't necessarily read the books, you need to make it so they'd like it. Damn masses- you ruined my movie!

To move beyond the realm of movies I've seen in the last 24 hours, I had a good time. Got to see some friends I haven't seen in a while, and to top it all off, Red brought me some food from the restaurant she works at. There's nothing like really good gyros to make me happy. Not to mention, of course, some quality time with the apple of my eye. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM- apple of my eye.
This morning, I found out when I arrived at work at 10 that I was supposed to be here at 8, so big apolly-loggies to my co-workers for being a dufus. I wrote down the wrong start time. My bad!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home