Friday, April 08, 2005

Movie Review(a week late): Sin City

Last Friday night I braved the rains and the Purple Line to make my way to Evanston to see Sin City. From the opening scene, I knew I was going to love this movie.

It's the subtle things that I think a lot of people don't recognize. Like Marley Shelton's eyes turning green, then fading slowly back into black & white. I was electrified. This movie is visually amazing- each scene is stunningly shot. It is also intense and violent- but not gory- at least, not in a way you can really tell, as the colors are frequently(not always) changed from blood red to other colors. I think that saved the movie, honestly. My companion and I had an amazing time, and had to spend some time processing the event before we could intelligibly discuss the film(read: we said "wow" for the first half hour of drinks afterwards).

It's worth seeing, very much so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home