Monday, May 02, 2005

Bizarro World: Chicago

I did something I don't usually do this weekend. I shopped. I splurged. I ate up vast amounts of my tax refund check. I also almost, almost, spent a sizeable amount on a trip for Red's birthday, which is coming up very soon. For the most part, however, I spent money on myself. I got 4 DVD's(Trading Places, Mars Attacks, The Wall, and one I can't remember right now), bought myself some new extremely comfortable boxers, a new alarm clock, 3 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of pants, a new pair of padded bike shorts and an extra water bottle cage for my beautiful new bike. Life is good.

I also got to do something I haven't done in a long, long time. I slept in on Sunday. Of course, Red and I were out until all hours on Saturday night, so it was rather necessary.

But what's really got my boxers in a bundle today is waking up on May 2nd, walking out the door, and finding that it's March 2nd. This has me pretty pissed off- I mean, what's up with 40 degree weather(about 4 C) in May? I'm trying to get ready for a big ride, and don't like biking in that cold of weather(even I have my limits).

Anyways, I guess I'm just pissed that nature's palm pilot broke and is stuck in March. What a pisser.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home