Thursday, May 26, 2005

Movin' on up!

My beloved Wolves advanced to the Calder Cup Finals last night, defeating the Manitoba Moose 4-1, sweeping the series. That's good news.

Unfortunately, my casual 10-10 shift today has been caught in a scheduling snafu. Apparently, there was no one here at 6, because two guys switched their schedules. I get a call after a short bike ride at 8 from my boss. "I know you're not supposed to be in until 10, but could you go in now? W is there all by himself." I busted into the shower, hopped out into my least wrinkley shirt(I just did laundry last night, and didn't have a chance to iron anything yet), and hopped into a rather expensive cab to work.

The upshot of all this is that now I don't have to work until 10 tonight, so I get to go home around 5. Thankfully. Guess that opens some plans for karaoke tonight.

Not bad. Not bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home