Thursday, May 19, 2005

Take the cotton out of your mouth, please.

Today has been a day of confusion when I talk to people. One guy, who has a name that phonetically sounds common, but is spelled completely(and I mean completely) different had me going. I got the feeling that he's not the greatest communicator, and he's from a place where I don't usually think of the people being great communicators. Before I got a chance to yell at him for being an idiot, he hung up.

Maybe I wasn't going to yell at him, but I was going to share with him my experiences with a last name that is phonetically similar to many spellings(Aarons, Arons, Erins, Errands, Erons, etc, etc), but I always spell it out. Without failure. It's second nature.

Anyways.

Later on, I had another charming encounter with a person who just refused to enunciate words. I asked him to repeat, just a part of what he said, and specified the part, and he kept repeating the part I hadn't asked for.

So, is anyone else having troubles communicating, or am I the only one?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home