Monday, June 20, 2005

Where there's smoke...

There is fire.

I had a lazy day yesterday- I was tired and needed some relaxation time. It was Mia's birthday, too. She's 8 now, or 48 in human years, according to this chart. Plus, it was father's day, and I figured since I'm kinda my cat's father, I deserved a day of watching movies, bike riding, and petting my cat.

Around about 5:50, I remembered that I had to go to the Osco around the corner. All my bike riding has finally exhausted my gatorade supply. I was walking back, when I looked up at what was earlier a very beautiful blue sky, but saw some very ugly dark brown smoke.

Something's burning, I thought to myself.

The smoke appeared to originate south and east of my house, and I thought of all my friends who live down that-a-way, which is quite a few. What I couldn't tell, however where exactly the fire was. Turns out it was the Dominick's Store on Broadway. I used to go there to use their cash station from time to time, because it was one of the few ATMs where you could get cash out in $5 increments. Fortunately, no one was seriously hurt, and the fire didn't damage any of the bars around there that I like(ok, the one bar around there that I really like).

Anyways, there's some big news in the life of your humble narrator, which we'll get to in a bit. Unfortunately, I've got some work to do.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Big news? Is it the brand new Logan's Dave Wolves and Karoke Den build on the one time Dominick's?

That'd be good.

- Pat

8:49 PM  
Blogger jo-na said...

since i live only a few blocks from the charred dominick's and, upon seeing the smoke, immediately thought to myself, "uh oh, i hope the avenue isn't on fire!" i have to ask- which is the one bar around there that you like?

11:46 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Me and some friends used to hang out at Friar Tuck's and play that infernal dart game for hours and hours.

But that was a while ago. Somewhere in there, I think I have a picture up.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home