Friday, June 03, 2005

Yet another example of IIMD.

I like to think that my readers are more intelligent then most folks out there. I like to think that I sometimes write something with enough intellectual stimulation to keep folks interested.

So, I'm posting these two pictures of a program probably none of you have seen or will ever use. Please leave a comment if you can tell me what the error is trying to tell you in this situation. Imagine you are entering an order to buy a Wheat future for July at a price of $3.22, using the order type Or Better(abbreviated OB):


Order Entry Window
Posted by Hello

After you submit your order, this window pops up:

Error window
Posted by Hello
Tell me, dear readers, what could that mean?

2 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

I admit, I'm not exactly sure...mostly because it's in refernce to trading futures which doesn't make sence to me to begin with.

That said, my guess would be:
A. Some box or other thing isn't checked before entering the order

B. Wheat is unavailable for July

C. Wheat is unavailable for July at that price

2:16 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

You're both very close. The answer is, the order type, OB(Or Better) is not accepted for Wheat.

Now, this is what two people who have never traded futures guessed, and they were damn close to the real thing. So, why is it that brokers, who are supposed to be experts in trading futures like this, cannot understand that simple error warning?

Talk amongst yourselves.

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home