Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Could it be true?

I volunteered for a late shift today- which, of course, allowed me the opportunity to hang out late after pub quiz last night, which was a huge success. For the last month, it seems, we've had 40 people each week. Impressive numbers, to say the least.

Anyways.

I spent the night hanging with friends and quizzers, until I finally realized that I was going to fall asleep where I stood. Fortunately, the brain kicked in and realized it was high time to head home, so off I went. I slept like a drunken log. I slept in until 7:45, tried to go back to sleep, couldn't, so I started my day of morning leisure. The results of which are "wow, daytime TV sucks."

Then, I get into to work, sit down, reply to e-mails, and check out fark. My eyes did a double-take. Then another, and yet another before this image finally was completely processed by my brain:


Moving as though the words would run off like a frightened deer if I made any sudden gestures, I slowly, surely, carefully clicked on the tab, leading me to this article. I read it. I read it three times. I just re-read it again for good measure. Could it really be true? Is it over? Is the spirit of Archie Bennitz smiling?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home