Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Laddy, don't you think you ought to rephrase that?

Rest in peace, James "Scotty" Doohan.

I grew up watching Star Trek, and I am a fan who has no problem admitting my geekdom. I don't go to conventions wearing fake ears or anything (and if I would, I'd go as a Klingon), but I have no qualms about my status as a fan of the series and the vision. It also goes without saying that a Scotsman would be one of my favorite characters, and he was. There's something about that character- the way he cared about his ship, his crew, his sense of humor, his sense of honor, that's what made me like him so much. I would love to sit down and have a drink with that character, and I'm certain he would have obliged.

Anyways, rest in peace, James Doohan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home