Friday, July 08, 2005

Mulling things over in my head.

I didn't blog yesterday. I was too busy trying to find out about my friends who live in London to think about myself. Fortunately, I have heard from everyone, either directly or via blog, that I know over there. Unfortunately, there are still friends I've been trying to get a hold of from the NYC attacks all those years ago.

Anyways. I'm feeling relieved that my friends are ok, and sad that so many others are not.

Since yesterday, a scene from one of my all-time favorite movies has been bouncing around in my head:

Major Strasser: Are you one of those people who cannot imagine the Germans in their beloved Paris?
Rick: It's not particularly my beloved Paris.
Heinz: Can you imagine us in London?
Rick: When you get there, ask me!
Captain Renault: Hmmh! Diplomatist!
Major Strasser: How about New York?
Rick: Well there are certain sections of New York, Major, that I wouldn't advise you to try to invade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home