Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Strange days (and Daves), indeed.

I haven't been sleeping right the last couple days. Sunday night, I was crasing out on the couch. I realized I had to work in the morning, so I dragged myself off to bed, much to my cat's content. It was probably 10 o'clock. I woke up, with a start, at 1:30- something seemed wrong, out of place. Nothing was. Everything was cool.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get back to sleep.

Similar things happened last night, except I couldn't fall asleep. What's going on in my head? No one knows. Especially not me. Probably for the best.

So, it's been a busy couple days, which were preceeded by a wonderful visit from my friend L, her husband, and of course, my favorite person under 4 feet tall:


It was a weekend of hard partying, lunching with my buddy, and lots of talking. It was fun. Damn fun. I can't wait to visit them in 3 weeks.

I also did something I didn't think I'd do for a long while- I hopped on my bike for a distance ride. I didn't do too much, only about 27 miles, but I still got out there. Felt good to be back on a bike. Felt better when I realized that I was covered in dead bugs when I got back. I know it sounds gross, but it's a sign that you had a good ride.

Pub quiz has been completed, so I'm just coasting my way through the rest of my day. Time for some well-earned Raiden.

1 Comments:

Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

27! 27 miles...should I put this in our 27 blog? ;)

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home