Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The biggest problem this guy is facing.

[a child is fussing and crying the background]
Customer: I'm not sure what the program is called.
Me: I need to know that in order to help you best. Are you not at your computer?
Customer: I'm in [city, state].
Me(leading the caller): So... you're... not at your computer?
Customer: Well, we've got a power outage because of the hurricane.

Now, I'm not a father (save for my cat). Nor have I ever been in a hurricane. But, I do have priorities, and one of them, especially when faced with impending disaster, isn't whether or not my simulated trading account, which I couldn't access anyways as there is no electricity, is working properly. If I'm in this guy's shoes, I'm getting my family and myself as far out of harm's way as possible.

Then again, I've been called overprotective before, even repeatedly. I'm just like that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Eston said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Eston said...

The BKL21 is a round kitchen sinkfeaturing a full sized classic D-Bowl. It’s large size make it the king of the kitchen in terms of functionality. Crafted of 18 gauge 304 Stainless Steel. Brushed satin finish will withstand the test of time and endure for years to come. Get all your needs fulfilled in one sink

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home