Thursday, August 18, 2005

A brief retelling of my morning thus far.

2:22 My alarm clock goes off. I've been doing this thing lately where I set the radio alarm to trigger before the buzzer alarm. It seems like a nicer way to wake up- in stages- instead of the whole bang-bang you're up scheme.

2:25 My other alarm goes off, and is met with a struggling-to-comprehend Dave, wondering why the fuck he's waking up.

2:27 Realizing, I have to do this, I actually get out of bed. Mia is nowhere near happy with me, and doesn't have a problem indicating this to me through a series of chirpy miaows and the ever-popular claw to the arm.

2:35 I've brushed my teeth, and am standing with the shower running, looking at myself in the mirror. You may not know this about me, but my eyes are rather strangely colored, in that they're brownish when the pupils are large, yet golden with brown flecks when contracted. Usually, when I'm happy, you'll see the gold and brown, it's kinda neat. I'm rather fascinated with my eyes because I'm just so damn unhappy about being awake, but can barely allow light into my eyes, so they're rather golden at that particular time.

2:38 Once I realize I'm wasting time I don't have, I get my ass in the shower, shave, and start to get ready to leave for work. I'm packing my bag so quickly I forget my belt, too.

3:07 I walk downstairs with my brand-new headlight, backpack laden with clothes, shower supplies, and everything else I'll need this morning. I hop on my grocery-getter bike, a heavy mountain bike with a broken bottom-bracket, and notice that it's sprinkling. Fuck.

3:35 I finally cross the Chicago River on the Wells Street Bridge, tired, sweaty, and far too tired. I mean, I was biking past closing bars. Oy. At least, I'm only a few blocks from work, so I'm pretty good on time.

3:45 I lock my bike outside of Kent Law School, remove all valuable components of my bike, and head to my office. When I get to the door, the security guard asks me where my bike is, I tell him, and he informs me that there's a bike storage in the basement of the building. I'm thrilled, because this means I could maybe ride my nice road bike instead of my heavy mountain bike. He shows me where it is. I know what I'm doing next week.

3:56 I hop into the shower in our fitness center. It feels damn good to rinse off after that bikeride.

4:16 I clock in, 16 minutes late. I have a hard time caring about this, as, well, I just don't care. I'm too tired, too much not in the mood to be at work this early. I'm sure that over time, this will only get worse.

This is just the start of my day.

1 Comments:

Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

Oh I am so sorry. I will stop complaning now :)

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home