Monday, August 15, 2005

Land speed record.

I actually timed it this morning. I arrived at my desk at 5:54 am.

At 8:38 am, I became so annoyed with a customer I threw* my keyboard.

Total elapsed time, 2 hours 44 minutes.

This is scary. I mean, it's Monday, and I've got a whole work week lined up, including some really funky shifts on Thursday and Friday, where I'll be working from 4 am until 3:30 pm.

No, you didn't read that wrong. I'll be at my desk, answering calls at 4 am. I'll be riding my bike to work, too, as neither the Brown line, nor any buses to get me to another trains to get me to work will be running yet. I should derive a little pleasure out of the bike ride, at least. I should also be pretty loopy, having gotten very little sleep, seeing as my friend L will be in town again this week. Dangerous times ahead, dear readers. Dangerous times.

*By throw, I mean I pushed it forward in disgust, displacing my speakers but not actually damaging my $700 monitor or my keyboard. I would have to pay to replace said objects, and let's face it, I'm not making that much money. While it is a minor act of violence, it does have the advantage of allowing me to burn off a little steam, and it makes a funky noise when I knock shit over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home