Wednesday, August 03, 2005

The most important thing to happen yesterday is...

at least, according to the Chicago Tribune's Red Eye...

NOT the dangerous spacewalk to repair the shuttle.

NOT the deaths of more soldiers in Iraq(see paragraph 3).

NOT the flooding and rains in India.

NOT the plane crash in Toronto.

Nope- all this was too unimportant. What was important? See for yourself:


I can't remember what movie or TV show or whatever it comes from but the line I'm thinking of is "have you ever wondered what it feels like to lose one's mind?" I get the feeling that the world should be asking itself that exact question.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

OH MY GOD!!!! I can't believe I wasted my time with the marines dying or the congressional race in Ohio. When Jen speaks, I'm all ears.

Thanks for posting this. I'm forever in your debt.

Pat

11:05 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Hmmm, could you be referring to this line?

"Did you lose your mind all at once, or was it a slow, gradual process?"
Jack-"The Fisher King"

It's only a little pin-prick dearest, then you'll gobble that RedEye followed by a BigMac!

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home