Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Welcome to the jungle.

Jen and I had a new waitress last night at pub quiz, who did an excellent job, considering we had a record-breaking 53 people in attendance last night. It was, quite literally, overwhelming, for us, for our waitress, for the bartenders, for everyone. We had so many teams we were pulling tables and chairs from the front, rearranging the room completely. It was great to have so many people there, too. The questions were a little harder than usual, but folks still had fun with them. Of course, they could have been humoring me, nice folks that we have there.

Hopefully we'll see them all again next week, as our fundraising calendar year is ending soon, and I've still got a ways to go before I reach my lofty goal! As always, you can click on the links at the top of the blogroll or here, if you would like to make a donation. I would appreciate it greatly.

At the end of the night last night I got to talk to D, the new waitress. I asked her what she thought. She said it was busy and crazy, as I suspected. I gave her high praise for working through the busiest pub quiz we've ever had as I gave her the huge tip we always give our wait staff for being so damn good at their jobs. It's good to feel good twice over, for raising money and for making a person's night with a huge tip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home