Monday, September 19, 2005

Ladies and Gentlemen: I am a sucker.

I'm a sucker for red hair. I'm a sucker for green eyes. I'm a sucker for blue eyes. I'm a sucker for brown eyes. I guess I like eyes. The last two women I've used the l-word with both had blue eyes. Someone should look into that.

I'm a sucker for a lot of things, and each and every passing day I am reminded of them.

This weekend I was a sucker for football, and I'm paying for it dearly today. My picks sucked, my fantasy teams are both in the shitter. Praise jah that hockey starts in 16 days. Hopefully I'll do better at that. My fantasy baseball team is playing for the championship. I'll be walking on eggshells for the next two weeks. Yuck.

I'm a sucker for time off, and I've got some coming up: not only the wedding of the 21st century this weekend, but I've taken my birthday off, as usual. And the day before. And the day after. A 5 day weekend. Not bad.

I'm a sucker for accents. This is why I'm constantly in bars with an Irish/English/Scottish feel, as I melt almost every time I hear the words "pint a black fer ya, Dahid?" Dahid, of course, is the Gaelic equivalent of my name, and while certain individuals use it frequently, others seem to spring it on me as a surprise.

I like that.

I had a friend who used the word behoove a lot. She has the most attractive southern drawl I've ever heard, and I've heard a lot. It was amazing. Portuguese, however, is the most beautiful spoken language I have encountered.

I'm a sucker for such a beautiful thing.

1 Comments:

Blogger cynthia said...

we'll have to meet up for a drink while you're here this weekend.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home