Monday, October 24, 2005

If you clean it, they will come.

I spent the weekend hosting my mother and stepfather, which means I got to do some moderately touristy things in my own sweet home, Chicago.

It was a good weekend, too. Friday we went for pizza (salad for me, though) and watched a movie. Saturday we woke up, and I took them on a nice tour of the city, via the el. We went downtown, bummed around the Bean and the Art Institute, where I took their picture by the famous lions which are currently wearing White Sox hats. We headed back home to watch a movie (again) and went to dinner at the Globe. I introduced M to my mom and stepdad, as well as some of the bartenders and one of the owners.

Saturday night we headed out to the Wolves game, my first of the year. It was a good game, but a frustrating loss in overtime is never any fun. If you happened to be watching the game, you also got to see a shot of yours truly flashing metal during the second period, buring off just a little more of my 15 minutes. There were a lot of penalties. More than I could count, honestly, and the flavor of the week was interference. I know they're calling the game a lot closer nowadays, but this was a little too much.

There was also something missing. More accurately, there were two things missing: Steve Maltais and Kari Lehtonen. I can't find anything on Maltais, and I'm a little worried. Did he retire and I missed it? Lehtonen, on the other hand, I knew was destined for greatness, and is doing some work for the Thrashers right now. Good for him, honestly. He's gonna be one hell of a goalie.

Anyways. After they left I went out to watch some football, then stayed up way too late watching the baseball game. This is going to be a very interesting week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home