Thursday, October 06, 2005

Who made who?

On Saturday, my good friend O'Boomhauer (I gave him that nickname because he has such a thick Irish accent most folks can't understand him at all) showed up to party with me. He doesn't turn down a chance for a pint with a friend. He was kind enough to give me a gift certificate to Blockbuster. I don't usually shop there, but he knows of my fondness for DVDs, and of my penchant for bad Sci-Fi movies.

So, Sunday afternoon, I took a stroll around my neighborhood, stopping by my local Chinese restraunt to satisfy a craving for vegetarian egg rolls, and popped into my local Blockbuster for some well-earned browsing. Their selection is rather poor, but I knew that I could find something in there- and find I did.

My first selection was Jacob's Ladder, a strange movie that I hadn't seen in ages, but loved all the same. Second? Maximum Overdrive, the Stephen King directorial debut that can only be loved for kitsch. Both movies are big hits in my book, though.

I'm just so happy! What a birthday!

1 Comments:

Blogger Grant said...

Two great selections, although I think MO can be loved for kitsch and the soundtrack. Happy birthday!

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home