Monday, December 12, 2005

The highs and lows of the weekend.

High: getting in a nice workout on Saturday.
Low: stepping on the scale before said workout. I am not happy with those results.
High: at the Clark & Lake stop, I saw a collection of pigeons huddled under the heat lamps on the inner loop platform.
Low: see previous.
High: finally getting all my laundry done, cleaning my bathroom and cleaning Mia's box.
Low: spending my entire Saturday afternoon doing laundry, cleaning my bathroom and cleaning Mia's box.
High: surprise and impromptu backrubs from a pretty girl.
Low: pretty girl is too young for me and taken.
High: surprise visits from friends I haven't seen in ages, one of whom just finished their masters.

So, I came out ahead this weekend, which was nice. The only really, really bad thing to happen was this morning, I woke up with my internal alarm clock going off. My "get up and get to work" alarm went off a grand total of 4 hours 24 minutes before my actual alarm was set to go off. So there I was, wide awake at 12:36 in the morning. When did I finally get back to sleep?

4.
0400.
Four in the fucking morning. Needless to say, I'm pretty tired right now and measurably pissed off at my internal alarm clock, which seems to be set for Reykjavik.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

All the pretty, young girls who give impromtu backrubs are always taken because they give impromptu backrubs.

It's the way of the world.

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home