Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Learning something new every day.

In my research for this week's gala pub quiz, I came across a site where you can enter your year of birth, and then see the most popular names given in the US that year. Wouldn't you know it, both my first and middle name are right there in the top 5.

I usually joke about having extremely common first and middle names, but an unusual last name, by saying that I have the two most popular names from the 70's. Surprisingly, the name John hasn't been the #1 most popular name for baby boys since 1923. Even I got that beat- #1 in 1960!

Anyways, I last made the joke when I was flying to Toronto in November. At the check-in counter, I handed my license and birth certificate to the attendant. She asked what the M stood for. "Michael," I said.

"That's what I was going to guess."

"It was the 70's, my parents just weren't that creative."

Check yours out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Postmodern Sass said...

If I'd been the customs agent, and saw 1973, I would have guessed Moonshine, or maybe Marigold, or possibly Magical.

No; wait; that's the 60s!

And I'm so not telling you what I was doing in 1973.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

I think if I ever go to Chicago I'll call you, since you're the only person I know who lives there... I think.
Anyway, I was thinking I would like to go for Mexican food!, but hey, some chicken wings would be good too. What were you thinking of?

7:13 PM  
Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

Aw, gee. My name is #1 :)

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home