Friday, December 09, 2005

Sweet mystery of life, I've... finally... found... you?

I, somehow or another, belong to a couple dating sites. I don't really remember asking to be on them, but my guess is I saw someone pretty on the "Onion Personals" and wound up with a profile. I took a test over on Everything Jen(nifer) the other week and got stuck with another profile. Hm.

Here's the thing. All of the sudden, all these accounts that I haven't logged into for months are getting all kinds of hits. Suddenly, everyone wants to meet me.

It took me a minute or two to realize what was going on. No one likes to be alone over the holidays, even me. Hell, last year I went out with 3 women Xmas night. One punjabi, one jewish, one recovering catholic, and yours truly, the atheist. We got drunk together at a Mexican restaurant. Good margaritas.

New Year's is coming, too. People are looking for dates. Me? I've got a name penciled on my dance card, so for now, ladies of the Chicago area, see you next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home