Thursday, December 22, 2005

Synapse overload

My brain is working overtime this morning. Some free-form blogging ought to help me sort it out:

Last night, my friends, I did 90% of my holiday gift shopping. I know what you're thinking- "Dave? Holiday shopping? I figured an atheist grump like him would never do such a thing." Well, despite my convictions, I still live up to family expectations. Are my gifts wrapped in holiday-specific wrapping? No. But they're still there. Anyways, the point is this funny fact: last night, at Tower, my total, was $111.11. Kinda eerie, no?

Shopping there, by the way, takes about twice as long as anywhere else, as everybody who I worked with there wants to spend time catching up. I'm not complaining- not at all- especially since the customer service I get there is well above what most people get.

My good karma seemed completely used up this morning when I got to the train station, just in time to watch my train roll away, and noticed that I smelled food. As there are no restaurants on that particular block open at 6:08 in the morning, I sniffed around to discover my lunch container had opened. Juices and condensation from my lunch leaked into my bag, ruining a notebook and partially ruining the CD I bought for myself last night at Tower.

We keep running out of plastic spoons at work. This wouldn't be a problem, except that today we are also out of coffee cups, so I can't make myself my usual breakfast of oatmeal. I am hungry.

I tied a yellow ribbon 'round the old maple tree last night.

I can't remember who it was, but somebody sent the that mouse printer jam picture. Whoever it was, thanks.

More later, once the brain settles down a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home