Thursday, December 15, 2005

When it rains shit, it really rains shit.

I was having a moderately ok day until about an hour ago.

Ok meaning I was pissed at my landlord, angry with my nemesis customer, but it is payday and our holiday party is tonight, so I'll be rich and drinking on the company dime, so things aren't nearly as bad as they seem.

Then she e-mailed. Red. The last person I wanted to hear from. Ties were cut. Let them stay severed. What did she have to say? Nothing fresh. She just reinforced all the reasons that we shouldn't ever have been together in the first place, and she did it in 3 lines of text.

Amazing how life works, no?

Then, during a particularly busy part of our day, I pick up a line on hold. Who's there? None other than my nemesis customer. I was on the phone with this pigheaded, frustrating, asshole for 30 minutes. My co-workers were heard to say "I think Dave's going to lose it."

How close I came.

So, I went for a walk, deposited my paycheck, and I'm back.

We'll see how long I last. I can start drinking away today in 73 minutes. And counting.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Eat, drink, and be merry. Neither Red nor Asshat Customer will be at the party.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home