Friday, January 06, 2006

Lies, Lies, Lies

I woke up this morning with an intense need to hear this album. When I arrived at work, I asked the overnight guy if he had it. He didn't, as far as he knew, save for on cassette at home. I think I still have it on cassette at home, but that doesn't do me a lot of good, as I am at work without a cassette player, and the tape would be at home anyways.

Solution? Download it.

In just a few minutes, I'll be taking a magical trip back to 1988. Wow. 1988. The poster for this album was actually on my wall back then. I met the first girl I ever fell in love with in 1988, we even started dating in December of that year. Our song was track 1 on side 2, however, track 2 side two was not our breakup song.

We had some good times, she and I. Back then, my family and I were living in a house in Lauderdale, in which we had a loft over the dining room. My brother and I kept most of our books and other assorted crap up there, basically treating it like an office. It was also, under the right circumstances, a great place to go and make out. N and I usually used the guise that we were playing cribbage, when in reality there was a lot of groping, petting, hickies, and when the mood struck, well, more than that.

And no, I'm not worried about my parents reading this and getting all shocked and appalled about this? Well, no. Number 1, they don't usually read my blog, and number two, they knew the score then, too.

Ah memories.

After finally listening to the whole album, I can honestly say that I'm still grounded in the present, but I am thinking fondly of those days....

2 Comments:

Blogger Postmodern Sass said...

I like you despite the fact that you like Guns 'N' Roses. :-)

1:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Now you have to grow your hair out and get the Chris Cornell look back!

Rock on with Sex, Drugs, and Rock n' Roll!

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home