Saturday, January 21, 2006

Runnin' down a dream

This morning, right before the intruding sunlight woke me, I had a dream. I was walking around in a world similar to that in We Love Katamari, and my cell phone rang. It is scary enough that I dreamt myself into a video game world. What happened next was a little weird, too:

"Hello?"

"Hey it's me," the voice on the other line said, and I instantly recognized it as my ex, and no, I'm not revealing which ex it was.

"What's up?"

"I'm getting married, we wanted to tell you right away."

Now, I have a functional and happy relationship with a rather large percentage of my exes. And if you believe that one, I've got some land I'd like to sell you. I do not, however, have a relationship with any of my exes that merits being the 3rd caller on the list for the engagement announcement. Ok, maybe one or two, but this wasn't one of them.

"That's very nice to hear."

"Here, talk to him." She handed the phone over to her boyfriend, now fiance. This was not a good move. I started to think about lucid dreaming my way out of this situation. I looked down at my hands, and that's when the dream started to make sense. I then realized why I was ok with this phone call.

I was married. To whom, I can only speculate, but I have had the now trite idea of getting married on June 6th of this year, just for the joke. I even found someone who was willing to go through with it- but I barely know her, so we're not counting on that one.

That's when I woke up.

9 Comments:

Blogger cynthia said...

why is june 6 a joke?

11:15 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

June 6th, 2006 =6/6/6

Shout at the devil!

11:35 AM  
Blogger cynthia said...

ah. i guess i am not up to speed on my satanic references.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Postmodern Sass said...

I'm not teaching during the summer, FYI.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

Hey, I could marry you and just get this business over with.

2:43 PM  
Blogger cynthia said...

wow, a guy mentions marriage and the women swarm.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Postmodern Sass said...

To be fair, the same thing would have probably happened if he'd mentioned chocolate.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Hah, I agree with Sass.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

And here I was shopping for engagement rings and re-learning how to say the U in favourite.

There are certain things Logan's Dave doesn't joke about.

1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home