Thursday, January 26, 2006

Sick of myself

It isn't often that I use Matthew Sweet lyrics to start off a post, but what the hell.

I came into work yesterday, far too late in the day, as we all know, and sat down.

By the time I was leaving, I was a snot factory. This did not bode well for me meeting friends at the Berghoff for a couple drinks, but then again, neither did the fact that they closed at 10. We spoke, and she said we could meet up in my neighborhood. I was all for that, but feeling run down. I finally got home at 10:50, and beelined it home. I knew the Globe was having a Robert Burns Dinner, but I wouldn't get there until well after the haggis was gone. I needed dinner.

I got home, opened a beer, and made a plate of nachos, thinking that I would go out and grab something once my friends got to the 'hood. Little did I know that less than an hour later, I'd be sleeping on the couch, and my friend's phone call woke me up, well, when the message came through, I woke up.

Bedtime for Bonzo. I slept late, took a long, hot shower with a Halls in my mouth, drank tea and still feel like crap warmed over. Seems like the whole world has the same cold this week, too. What gives? Has 12 Monkeys come true or what?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have a head and hand tick. Doctor said it's most like an adverse reaction to medication for my respitory problem, but I do have an appointment with a neurologist. Maybe it is 12 Monkeys.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Postmodern Sass said...

Every time I get sick I think it's time for Stephen King's The Stand.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home