Tuesday, January 31, 2006

This is how my life works II

We say caller ID, they say call display.

I was out and about yesterday, shopping for pub quiz prizes, when my phone chimed in with its familiar ringtone, Folsom Prison Blues. I check the caller ID- my boss is calling. He wants to know if I want some OT. As I'm always game to make more money, I accept. This has been widely regarded as a bad move.

Instead of starting my workday at the unhappy hour of 6am, I'm here at 2am.

Don't adjust your TV set- I said that right. For the first time ever, I'm blogging at 2am with having been drinking. Not that what I'm writing makes any more sense than if I were three sheets to the wind.

Fortunately for me, there is a small air mattress here, and I have a clean gym towel in my gym bag, so I think I might try to take a little nap for a bit, try to make up for the crappy sleep I got at home. Keep in mind that a towel, next to a Babel fish, is about the most useful thing in the universe.

My cat doesn't like changes in our routine, especially those that cut into sleep and cuddle times. For those of you who don't already know, I am very cuddly. Anyways. She was running around when it was too early for be to be in bed, and was really unhappy when the alarm went off at 12:50. She's just like that. I'm like that, too, when the alarm goes off at 12:50.

The eerie thing was, as I was in the cab coming down here, there were still people in bars. Not in just one or two, but in all of them. Usually, when I'm blogging at this time, I've been one of those people, and I get home with something bizarre to say.

Man, do I wish this were one of those posts.

Anyways, I'm going to keep on keepin' on, maybe write some pub quiz rounds, and boy oh boy can I just imagine myself hosting that tonight- I think I might get a friend to sit in for me. I think I might try to take some time off, too, maybe do a little traveling. I think, having been the go-to guy for the month of January, I kinda deserve a little vacation.

I think I'll take that nap now.

More, inevitably, later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home