Friday, February 24, 2006

A Dave Longs

After seeing this post over on Joey's blog, I was inspired. Inspired to waste time in a most hilarious manner, by searching for anagrams for all the stations in Chicago's el system. This is a rather insane undertaking, as there are something close to 200 stations on 7 lines. Fortunately for me, a lot have stations in common (thank you loop), and Chicago streets are in a grid system, so there's some overlap on station names. For the numbered street stations, I spelled out the numbers to get proper anagrams, and sometimes, but not often, I had to add the word avenue or street to a station name to get anything practical.

A Dave Longs, by the way, is an anagram for Logan's Dave- in case you're scoring at home.

I have not yet, however, contacted anyone with photoshop skills to put these anagrams on a map, I'm sure a beer bribe might help me get that project finished. I hope. But because I cannot sit on such a hot little joke, here's some of my favorites:
47th Street- Nutty Ho Fevers
Loyola- Loo Lay
Roosevelt- Toes Lover
Wellington- Lentil Gown
Halsted- The Lads
Irving Park (my stop)- Virgin Park

There's lots, and I tried to make them as humorous as possible. Let me see what I can do about getting these in a nice picture format for all the world to see.

2 Comments:

Blogger cynthia said...

i think the link to joey's post is the wrong ling, it tries to start an application.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

You were very much correct, Ceerock. I fixed the link so you guys don't have to download the software I spend too much of my week supporting.

Thanks!

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home