Saturday, February 11, 2006

Fish Tales

I was rather sedentary yesterday. I think I deserved it.

When I finally decided to go out, at 10:30, I headed down to a bar in my neighborhood that I've never been to, Goldie's. I was meeting a couple friends. One of them just got fired from his bartending job, and he was trying new places in the neighborhood to see what kind of job he could find. I walked in, and he said "they have pinball."

I scanned the room, patrons, rather nicely dressed, a mix of neighborhood and yuppie-types. Other than the bartender and some artsy looking guy, I was the only other person in a t-shirt and jeans. There in the corner, was a Fish Tales game. Back in the mid 90's I played this game at a bar in St. Paul, and I always hated it. It is, as far as I know, one of two pinball machines I know of in walking distance of my house.

We're both big pinball fans though, so I sucked it up, and we played.

Next thing I know, it's 2, and I'm not at the party I was supposed to go to. Oops. Pinball does that to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home