Monday, February 06, 2006

How to succeed at football without even trying.

This was the most lucrative Superbowl I've ever had. Not only did I win my football picks league championship for the second time (but I've known this for 2 weeks), but I made a killing off of bets I made with co-workers and friends.

Bet #1- office squares pool, paying out by quarters $20, $40, $60, $80. I bought 10 squares at $2 each, and won the second quarter.

Bet #2- I bet the owner of the Globe that the Rolling Stones would start their set with Start Me Up. Because it was such a lock, I wound up only convincing him to bet $1, which I won.

Bet #3- A friend of mine was running a strip game- you get a number, and win if the last two numbers of each score added together equals your number. I lost in the first and second quarters, but only lost a total of $10. I won the third quarter- fifty bucks, then I won the fourth quarter, which we upped to a $10 entry, winning $100.

So, all in all, not a bad day for good ol' Dave- $191 in bets won, which, of course, led to drinks bought by yours truly, and at some point I finally went home.

I'm certainly feeling those drinks today. Each and every one of them. Top it off with a SNAFU conversion at work, and I'm Mr. Superpissy today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

And I thought I did well at raiding the sloppy joe's at my roommate's friend's party.

Congradulations! No where's my beer!?!

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home