Monday, February 13, 2006

I just never learn.

For once, I'm not writing about how I only do what the pretty girls tell me to do. Even though that is the truth.

No. See, what I just haven't managed to get through my thick, unforgivingly stubborn head is that although I always think that a 3 day weekend away from my job will make me more relaxed and happier to do my job, that I am grossly wrong. Wait. Scratch that. Grossly just isn't strong enough of a word. I am abso-fucking-lutely wrong.

I mean, c'mon Dave, get with the damn program.

I'm considering, well, I'm planning on a week's vacation sometime this year. I was thinking, and have discussed with a friend, a possible bike tour on the Appian Way. Just throw a mini tent and sleeping bag over my shoulder, pack a few extra pairs of bike shorts, and I'm all set.

Of course, I'm one of the few people I know of who thinks this sounds relaxing, or even interesting. I remember reading sometime last year, or the year before, about these two British cops to take a month and bike to all of the sketch distilleries in Scotland. That would be dangerously fun. I bet I could probably convince Sass to drive a SAG wagon for us on that trip, provided she got to same the scotch with us. I'll bet I could get Henry to do that ride, too. Hell, I should get Henry to join my MS team this year, and see how he likes that.

Whaddya say, buddy?

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'll do the Scotland thing if we can hit the pubs after. Sketch and I don't get along at all.

As for the MS ride, I'm up for that. You're going to have to help me get my ass in shape, though.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Postmodern Sass said...

I know you suggested me for SAG duty because you know my feelings about riding a bike for miles and miles when you don't have to be at the place where you're going to end up. So long as it has standard transmission, sure, I'll drive. Where's the Macallan distillery?

10:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I believe the Macallan distillery is in the center of Scotland. I almost went there, but lost my ride.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Patrick: I'll help ya whip yourself into shape, no problem. I figure you'll have the most fun biking and camping and drinking with me that weekend.

Sass: Actually, I suggested you to drive a SAG wag for us because I know if I made that trip without you I'd probably hear about it.

The distillery is in Craigellaiche, Northwest of Aberdeen, FYI.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home