Friday, March 10, 2006

Is it me you're looking for?

I was walking to the train yesterday afternoon, in quite a bit of a huff after a particularly brain-frying day, which even included a customer asking me what his area code was. As I walked past the Sears Tower, I saw, across the street, a pink object sitting on the electrical box of a traffic light. My attention was so drawn to the object I couldn't look away- I needed to find out what it was. I trained my eyes and saw that it was definitely mitten shaped. I thought to myself "how could Maria's mitten have made it all the way to Chicago?"

I crossed the street, and each step brought me closer to the truth. Would it be Maria's long-lost mitten? Was I going to be the hero of the hour? Was that really a mitten? Wait, did I just walk past my ex-girlfriend?

The answers to all of those questions was no. The mitten was a glove, and not nearly as ornate and pretty as Maria's, hence my hero of the hour status was now defunct. No, that wasn't my ex walking down the street, but it was someone I know- I wish I had stopped to chat, too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Kubric refrences, random items of lost clothing, nice blog!

http://judaspenrose.blogspot.com

7:54 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

Dammit! For a minute there I had a tiny bit of hope.

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home