Friday, March 24, 2006

We're not in Kansas anymore.

More appropriately, not in Minnesota anymore. My alma mater's radio station, which was once an outlet for my tastes in music, is now streaming. My father, the man who raised me to appreciate Led Zeppelin, Frank Zappa, Country Joe and the Fish, and Black Sabbath, brought this to my attention last night.

I have to say that the station seems to not have changed much since the crazy days of The Blathering Dunderhead Metalhead and Dave Show, that Thursday morning 2-4am slot that was so coveted by, well, nobody. We had fun, though, back in the days when the station's signal barely reached all 53 acres of campus. Hell, in that picture, the signal barely came through, and that was taken in the middle of the campus.

It is fun, however, to listen to what the kids are listening to today. As I told my dad "just like a drunked walk down memory lane."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home