Monday, May 22, 2006

It depends on your point of view.

I spent this weekend biking and thinking about biking. It was the first nice weather we've had in Chicago on a weekend for what feels like an eternity, and I took fully advantage of it.

Spending this much time on a bike tends to cut into one's social schedule, though. Both Friday and Saturday nights I cut out on my friends early so I could get some sleep. Last night, however, I didn't cut out early. I had a meeting with one of my pub quizzers at 6, as she is co-hosting to benefit her cancer 5K run she's doing. She was running late, so I ordered dinner at Resi's and had a couple Schneider Weiss before she got there. Schneider Weiss has the fortunate effect of rendering me less than sober in a hurry.

Here, friends and neighbors, is a list of things I know for certain I did last night:

Ate dinner.
Came up with some pub quiz rounds.
Had a shot of Underberg.
Refused a bite of her pretzel.
Said yes when someone said "let go do karaoke!"
Suggested the place to go sing karaoke.
Took out $100.
Went to the Hidden Cove.
Sang 2 Johnny Cash songs, Every Rose has its Thorn, and Faith by George Michael.
Drank far too many Blue Moons.
Lost my bag with my jump drive, sunglasses, and notebook in it.
Passed out on the couch.

And, a list of things that I'm pretty sure I did, but I'm not sure sure I did:

Did a full-on George Michael imitation, including ass-shaking goodness while perfoming Faith.
Begged to go to the taqueria.

Since then, I have showered and shaved (thankfully), called the Cove to find that my bag never left there, even though I did, and received, via mail, my bike team's jerseys for this year (I'll post a picture as soon as I can). So, despite the rocky Memento-style start to my day, things are going well.

2 Comments:

Blogger cynthia said...

there's a taco truck in my new neighborhood in queens that is only open 9pm to 3am. i'm already eager to check that baby out. there are also three irish pubs in the neighborhood that are open to 5am, which i'm sure makes up the majority of the taco truck's customers.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

not to forget, we ended the evening with our always fantastic "Draggin the Line" rendition.

good, if somewhat foggy, times

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home