Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Service with a smile?

I don't know what it is today, but I am Mr. Customer Service around here. I'm being nice (scary!), being extra patient (frightening!), and most importantly, not losing my temper with anyone (run for the hills!).

No, I didn't get laid last night, neither did I wile away the hours flirting with anyone. No, I didn't wake up on the right side of the bed- I actually woke up in extreme pain (I screwed up my back the other day, and every morning is a new level of pain). I haven't done anything out of the ordinary routine, well, except for not shaving today, and I spent part of my commute thinking about my walk from the train to my office as a mini-Battan march.

So, what's my deal? I just don't get it.

On a completely unrelated topic, I'm trying to spread the use of the word commurfer. This is my word for riding the train while standing without actually holding onto anything.

3 Comments:

Blogger cynthia said...

is it the weather? i don't know about chicago but here at least it's the first day the sun is out after five days of rain and everyone is chipper.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Maybe it's the drugs? And about "commufer, I practice that extreme sport a lot on the subway, but I just call it "surfing".

12:41 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Yeah, this trend didn't last long. My theory is that I had finally lost it.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home