Friday, May 19, 2006

Strangers in the night.... part II

One of the many things L and I spoke about was dating and sex. She and I have a lot of the same attitudes towards both, and sadly, a lot of the same luck. At some point during the conversation we got to talking about our sluttiest moments. Mine came a few years ago, after a particularly horrible breakup with a woman I was absolutely mad for. I was so forlorn that I spent a weekend basically just fucking whoever I could. It was quite impressive.

Well, if you condone that kind of thing.

I was telling her about my previous weekend, when I was being followed around by this girl at the bar- she kept flirting, or trying to, and I was completely uninterested. L asked me what the problem was, obviously the girl just wanted to get laid. That's when I dropped a bomb on her- a big bomb.

"Yes, but I didn't want to have sex with her."

Now, L is a younger woman, quite a bit younger than I, in fact, but she does have a certain maturity that I recognize and appreciate. But she had never, ever, in her short and beautiful life, ever heard a man say that before. Her next question has been bouncing around in my head for the last couple days: "What, exactly, makes a girl unfuckable?"

I am an equal opportunity sex partner. Tall, short, skinny, not-skinny, girls with blonde, blue, brunette, pink and red hair. Girls who like girls, girls who like boys, girls who like girls and boys. I have been with all shapes and sizes, but what makes me not want to sleep with someone?

One thing is desperation. While I do like an aggressive woman (what man doesn't), there is a fine line between desperate and aggressive, which is why I didn't like this girl (scroll down towards the end of the post for the story), and why I don't like the girl from Saturday night. Both of them are attractive, but I just didn't like the situation- grasping at me like that. Plus, the girl from Saturday had hair I didn't like.

Personality goes a long way, too, sometimes I just get rubbed the wrong way, and there's no going back. After all, I once broke up with a girl over the radio station she listened to. Well, that, and she wanted kids by the time she was 30, was 4 years older than me, and I was 22. Not a good speech to give to me at that stage in my life. I don't want to even mention what was wrong with my last serious relationship, not that it isn't already widely known amongst my friends.

Perhaps Sass is right. I might be Jerry Seinfeld. Personally, I always thought of myself as more of a Rob Gordon. The truth is probably somewhere in between. At least, I hope so.

2 Comments:

Blogger cynthia said...

hmmm i would hope instead that the truth is somewhere beyond, rather than between, those two...

9:52 AM  
Blogger Postmodern Sass said...

You're more Rob Gordon than Jerry Seinfeld. You made me a mixed tape.

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home