Wednesday, May 10, 2006

These dreams go on when I close my eyes...

Yesterday morning, after a rather hard time falling asleep, I had a dream where Kim Deal and I were hanging out in a private library, drinking scotch, smoking cigarettes and talking. The odd thing was that she, who I have never seen not smoking, wouldn't touch a cigarette, and I, a non-smoker, was smoking like a chimney. This was a rather strange role-reversal, but a fun dream.

We were talking about music, art, and philosophy. I don't know shit about art, except for the few paintings I really like, so that, too, was an interesting aspect of my dream. At the end of the dream, we said goodnight to each other with a kiss on the cheek.

As I walked home from the train yesterday, I was on the phone with my friend L, who was also having a not-very-bright-and-happy day. I opened the door to my building and lo and behold, my new toy had arrived. What new toy? This:

I finally did it. I finally broke down and bought a bass guitar for myself, something I've been wanting to do for years. This also means that perhaps the band some friends of mine and I have envisioned might actually have a chance at happeneing. My suggestion for the band's name? Twenty Dollar Banjo.

2 Comments:

Blogger cynthia said...

i used to sing in a band. of course we only played my apartment but hey we had amps and electric guitars and a mic and were shut down by the cops once. that officially makes us a band, i think. even though all we had for drums was a guy on pots and pans.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

I've got it. Ceerock and I will move to Toronto, and we'll form a drummerless band with Joey called JoWe DaCy (pronounced joey daisy) and make millions of dollars. That way we can go around to record stores and make fun of them when they file our CDs in D instead of J. RAWK!

But, Norm Green Trio? You should be kicking your own ass for that, Pat!

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home