Tuesday, June 06, 2006

PB, you're my hero.

I don't really need to remind any of you that last October, our former CEO managed to screw not only our customers and stockholders, but our employees by fucking up some serious accounting issues that cost a lot of people a lot of money.

I'm talking about half a billion dollars, folks.

Anyways, on Friday, when I got back from a company outing to a Sox game, I saw the last thing I wanted to see: a big, fat envelope from my employer. I opened it, and my heart sank very, very deep. It was forms for my new benefit package.

20 minutes ago I learned that the one thing I've wanted out of this whole situation has finally happened.

I am being laid off and given quite a nice severance package, including two months of insurance and pay, effective June 16th.

I have to tell you that I am so happy I could die. I've been preparing for this day for a long time, about 8 months or so. I've been hoping for this severance package.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I will be changing my last name to Naga-nagonnaworkhereanymore and I would like to pronounce this the Summer of Dave!

4 Comments:

Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

Enjoy the summer of Dave!!

PS: I love "Office Space"!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Congrats?

12:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

All Hail Dave!

12:49 PM  
Blogger cynthia said...

woohooo! congrats! i could really use one of those packages right now...

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home