Thursday, June 15, 2006

The Summer of Dave starts Tomorrow!

At a theatre near you!

Wow.

I woke up late this morning, mostly because I had a terrible time falling asleep last night. I think that a 4-3 overtime short-handed goal might have something to do with it, but I could be wrong. It was one of those magical moments where, when Pisani got the puck and entered the offensive zone, I stood up and said "oh shit!"

When he scored, I was hooting and hollering. No wonder my cat doesn't like watching sports with me.

So, this morning, it was a little rough when the alarm clock went of. Snooze bars were hit, mental deals were made with myself, extra sleep negociations were entered into. The end result was that I didn't leave my house for work until 5:40 and I had to be here at 6. Knowing today is payday and that I'll be receiving a rentention bonus (made extremely ironic by the fact that I am, after tomorrow, not being retained), I made the executive decision to take a cab to work.

You know you've been working in financials too long when a cabbie can spot that you work in financials.

Immediately after entering his cab, he started talking to me about stocks- how he was doing, how the market was down on Tuesday and his stocks went up, only to have the market go up on Wednesday and his stocks go down. Yadda yadda yadda. I may work in this industry, but I am not an investor, other than my lapsed 401(k) that I'm going to have to decide what to do with soon. Maybe I'll cash it out and throw it in with all the other money they're going to pay me to ride my bike, go to baseball games, and have a good buzz early in the afternoon.

Come catch the Summer of Dave, tomorrow at Dylan's at 118 S Clinton in Chicago. I should be there about 4 or so, and a pub crawl will probably ensue. I'll be the guy in the bowling shirt, jeans and sandals.

Tomorrow, we smoke them out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

Oh, I wish I could come over to the pub crawl, my dear b-husband. I guess I'll have to drink here in Toronto and have a virtual toast to you.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Will the Summer of Dave make it up to Madison? The door is wide open.

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home