Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Tell me now, what do I have to do?

I just got a call from within our company, asking me if I could call a customer and explain a part of our program to them, here in my 5th to last ever night shift. Here's how it went in my head*:

"Now, could you give him a call"

"I gotta tell you, that's just not going to happen."

"Why?"

"See, I was laid off yesterday, and even before I was laid off, I was extrememly against calling customers for any reason other than the fact that I had promised them that I would call them back, which is something that I rarely did. Promising, that is. Now that I know that I have a finite amount of time left at my now back to crummy desk, unless this client is going to pay me large amounts of money for a bare minimum of work, I have absolutely no interest in helping them whatsoever, unless they force me to do so by calling my desk. AUGH-AUUUUUUUUUGH!"

"Good point."

*please keep in mind that voice in my head, the voice of my inner self, is played by the late, great, Samuel Burl Kinison.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I say play some Tetris and eat some Cheetoes!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

For you and I, I'd bring in my PS2 and NHL 2005.

Cheetos will still be involved.

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home