Monday, September 11, 2006

I could make you scared

if you want me to
So, lately, I've been hanging around with people and imbibing vast amounts of, well, everything. I'm having fun, but this fun is taking a toll on my body. I feel run down. I feel old. Of course, my looming birthday might have something to do with that. The combination of being unemployed (did you know that if you sleep late enough, you'll never have a hangover), having gobs of cash and having temporarily retired from cycling doesn't exactly promote healthy living.
I'm not prepared, but if I have to
So, I'm turning over a new leaf or two, and making time for exercise in my daily schedule of boredom, my routine of ruts, my summer of Dave. Of course, there's a bit more to everything. I'm a touch confused with the awkwardness of late-night taxi conversations I've been having lately, but I don't want to get too far into that. I will say this much: one of my all-time favorite parts of a romantic relationship is the first kiss. There's just something about it that makes me so happy- something about the moment that is just too good. Call me a romantic, but that's what I like.
Said I can make you scared
Last week I had a similar moment. It was exciting. It was daring. It was 2:30 in the morning. It was in a cab. Two people had the same idea at the same time.

I love it when that happens.
It's kinda what I do
What's going to come out of this? Who is this mysterious person? Why the teasers? My friends, I don't have any of these answers. I'm just sitting back, wondering the same thing. That's the great part about being unemployed. You have lots and lots of spare time to think.

It may be directly related to boozing, too.

Someone should look into that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home